Monday, May 26, 2008

After a Little Trial and Error...

Ok...here is what I came up with.

I mixed the Mona Lisa with one of my nephew Bradley on the beach from last summer:



Here is the "equation" so you can see what things are combined to form what...whatever that means...The first picture is straight outta the camera. No sharpening, no saturating, no nothing. The second one is the Mona Lisa (doy). The third one is the combined images, with sharpening and a little burning.



Then I took the original Bradley picture and combined it with three Carl Bloch paintings to see the different effects it would produce:



After spending some of the morning trying different things here and there I've determined that:

The fewer colors in your original picture, or the fewer colors in your "other" picture (the one you're using to match the colors) the smaller the tonal and color range you'll notice in the final picture.

Also, I've started choosing "art" pictures (the ones I'll use to match the colors) that I like the feel of. I really like Carl Bloch images and the feel of the colors he uses. I have always loved the feel that the Mona Lisa's colors illicit. So I'll be looking for other images that fall into that category.

Enough for now....

1 comment:

Larson Letters said...

Okay Cuz,
I have a few questions...what does dslr stand for??? Also, what program do you use for editing and composing the pics you take???