Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cameras

I'm not going to make a huge deal about this in this post. I only want to say that the type of camera that you have is secondary to the quality of pics you can take. Lighting, editing, and composition probably make a bigger difference than the type of camera you have.

That said, there are some advantages to having a dSLR. You can switch lenses to fit the situation better. There is more range in the depth of field you an have. You can take more frames per second, thus catching a great shot while your subject is running all around. You can blow the pics up larger.

But, you can take wonderful pictures with a point and shoot and maybe I'll take some time and try to prove it later on.

Anyhow...I ought to post a few pics, too...I'll get to that eventually....

1 comment:

Beeks by the Lake said...

It's been forever since I have commented - but I do have to say that all of those things are important. Often the difference between a good photo and a great photo (same camera, same light, same subject, same background, etc) is the glass. It is often the lens that makes the difference. Experiment with wide angle, telephoto, and fixed, f stops, etc. You'll see what I mean.